Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thank You Card

With an upcoming baby shower, I wanted to make my own thank you notes. I recently bought some block 'thank you' stamps and used the cards and paper I had on hand. For some reason, I did not want to go with a baby theme, or even the theme of the shower (rubber duckies). Spring is on the way and I thought some nice bright colors would be fun to look at.

I cut the scallop shape from my cricut (accent essentials)on white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in black. Before I attached the scallop to the card, I thought it looked a little blah, so I colored the scallop with some of the colors that are in the card itself. With this one, I used three colors, but I'm thinking for the rest of them, I will just use one color. If I had matching inks or markers, I most likely would have done the stamp in a coordinating color.

I attached the scallop with puffy adhesive dots so it stands out a bit from the card. And because I've been having issues with glues lately, even the tiniest bit causes my paper\cardstock to curl. I have glue that is specifically stated for scrapbooking and papercrafting, too. Anywho. The scallop doesn't stand too far out from the card itself and now that I'm thinking of it, I should probably take a side picture to show the dimension....

The inside has another stamped phrase. Sometimes a completely blank inside can be daunting!

And of course, the back is stamped with my Little Princess 'brand' :)

Here is the one card that is 100% completed. I'll post again when I have them all done, since there are a few different pattern\color styles to the cards :)


No comments:

Post a Comment