Sunday, February 5, 2012

Franken-Mallows

I wanted to try something different than just the same ol pretzels that I had been doing for Lea's class. I thought about a couple different treats that would utilize what I had on hand as well.
I had marshmallows, lollipop sticks, and candy melts. For grins, I thought about putting the marshmallows on the sticks and dipping them. I made a couple and my kids loved them so that was it. Since it was Halloween, I tried to figure out how to make them holiday-appropriate. They were the perfect shape for Frankenstein heads!

Stuck the marshmallow on the stick. Dipped in melted green candy melts and stuck them in a box to dry. As they dried, I melted chocolate melts for the hair\top of the heads. I dipped just a bit of the top in the chocolate and stuck them back in the box to dry. I had some cake decorating gel pens that I drew the faces and neck screws on with.

I initially wanted to stick them in individual bags and tie off with Halloween ribbon so the kids could just take them home. But the decorating gel doesn't really dry and the bags would have ruined the look. I kept them in the box, covered with foil and just handed them out. They were a BIG hit :)



No comments:

Post a Comment