Tuesday, January 24, 2012

So much ground beef ....part 1

I had a couple pounds of ground beef that I had sitting in the fridge, screaming 'cook me already!'. I kept putting it off and finally decided to do something about it. I made 3 seperate meals because I didn't want to cook some and freeze some (which I would forget about).
First thing, I had a leftover green pepper from making chicken fajitas over the weekend and I thought, 'hmm a stuffed pepper sounds appetizing.'
So from the poundage of ground beef, I took out approx a half a cup and set it aside while I cooked up the rest of the beef for 2 other recipes.

When I had a free pan, I sliced the bottom and top of the pepper off, chopped it and some onion and tossed it in the pan with the half a cup of beef.I really cooked the piss out of it, so the beef actually got a bit of a crust on it...YUM!

While that was cooking up, I made a third a cup of rice and added it to a few tablespoons of garlic and onion tomato sauce. The tomato sauce was also reserved from another recipe tonight. When the beef\pepper\onion was done, I added it to the bowl. I added a sprinkle of onion powder and garlic salt to taste.

Next step was to...well...stuff the pepper! Amazingly, everything fit! The only thing I truly measured out was the rice, but even then, the amount was a guess. Topped with some mozzarella cheese, placed it in one of my crappier cake pans, and popped it in the oven. Since the the oven was already being used, it was set at about 350. I kept the pepper in til it was soft to the touch and the cheese was melted, everything else inside it was cooked so I wasn't worried about that.


As you can see, I only made one. No one else in the house likes green peppers or rice but me. Now that I know that I can just scoop a bit of beef out from another recipe, I'm sure I'll make this more often :)
I haven't dug into it yet, its still cooling and I'm kinda full from 'taste testing' everything as I was cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment